Family Camp is a unique opportunity for families to experience Camp Kahquah together. We offer four different weeks of Family Camp with similar formats, providing both structured and unstructured activities/programs. Not only is Family Camp a fun place to connect with family and friends, but it also provides opportunities for spiritual growth for all ages.
Our sandy beachfront is an ideal spot to relax in the sun and build sandcastles. Canoes, kayaks, and paddle boards are available for use as part of your stay. Looking for adventure? Try your hand at archery, watersports, the ropes course, or explore the hiking trails (nominal fee for some activities). After you take in the beauty of one of Kahquah’s iconic sunsets, finish your day off around a campfire with friends or search the night sky for a shooting star.
Family Camps begin Saturday at 3 pm and end the following Saturday at 10 am.
2022 Family Camp dates are:
Week 1: July 30 – August 6, 2022
Week 2: August 6 – August 13, 2022
Week 3: August 13 – 20, 2022
Week 4: August 20 – 27, 2022
Accommodation Overview with Prices
For photos, floor plans and more, click here.
|CATEGORY||EXAMPLES||PRICE PER WEEK *|
|Cedar Rest, Beechwood, As U Like It, City Hall||$1,445 each|
|Ahmic View (Daybreak, Midday, Eventide, Sunset)||$960 each|
|Upper Lodge Rooms (air-conditioned)||$640|
|Lower Lodge Rooms (overlook lake)||$725|
|Birchmere Lodge & Woods||$810 each|
|Little Lookout & Old Tuck||$583 each|
|Retreat Up, Retreat Woods, Retreat Lodge *shared bathrooms||$583 each|
|Wyldewood, Porcupine Ridge, Deer Run||$641 each|
|Water & 20 Amp||$375|
|Water & 30 Amp||$415|
*Prices do not include HST
*Prices include up to 8 people or cabin capacity (if less than 8). Anything beyond that is subject to the extra person fee of $11/night/person
For the most up-to-date availability, log in to our camp registration site here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of accommodations do you have?
Please see our facilities page for detailed information about our accommodations, including photos and floor plans.
What is included in my stay during Family Camp?
You will have access to the beach, waterfront equipment (canoes, kayaks and paddle boards) and programming. Chapel services are open for all who would like to attend.
*please note that some activities and programming may have additional fees
- Bed linens are NOT included for any accommodations
- Life Jackets – available to rent for the week or bring your own. Certified life jackets (PFD) are required when using camp boats and waterfront equipment.
Do we have to bring our own food or is there an option to eat in the Lodge?
You can provide your own meals and prepare them on your own schedule, or you can treat yourself to healthy and delicious meals prepared in the Lodge. You can add weekly meal plans to your online registration or sign up daily for specific meals.
|Adults (12+)||Children (4-11)|
*meals run from Saturday Supper (Arrival Supper) to Saturday Breakfast the following Saturday
Is there a Saturday supper option?
Sign up for the Arrival Supper by emailing the Camp Office if you did not include it in your online registration.
$14 plus HST for Adults (12+)
$8 plus HST for Children (4-11)
Can I bring my boat?
Most definitely! A boat slip must be purchased with your registration. It costs $65 plus HST for the week to dock your boat. Limited spots available. Please note, we do not have a boat launch on site.
Can I bring my pet?
Unfortunately, pets are not permitted at Camp Kahquah. If you have a service animal, please contact email@example.com to make necessary arrangements.
Can I come for just the day?
Yes, day passes are available for $8/person per day. This pass includes access to the waterfront, waterfront equipment, and programming. If you would like to purchase meals, you will need to notify the office 24 hours in advance of the meal you would like to purchase.
Booking & Registration Policies
- Registration for Family Camp can be made beginning October 1 at 8:00 am. Please go to our registration page, create a log in or sign in and view the most up-to-date availability.
- Accommodations are booked for a full week (Saturday to Saturday). Campers will not be refunded the difference if they arrive late or depart early.
- Accommodation prices are based on a maximum group of 8 campers or the cabin capacity if less than 8. Additional persons will be charged $11/night/person
- A 20% deposit is required with your registration in order to secure your spot
*Shorter stays may be accommodated, depending on availability. Please email the office to enquire about partial week rentals.
- If a cancellation is made between October 1 and May 15, your 20% deposit is refunded less a $50 cancellation fee. Payments made beyond the 20% will be refunded.
- If a cancellation is made between May 15 and 2 weeks prior to your arrival date your 20% deposit becomes non-refundable.
- If a cancellation is made less than two weeks prior to your arrival date all payments are due in full and are non-refundable.
- At the end of your Family Camp week, you have first priority to rebook your full-week accommodation for the following year. All we require is a 20% deposit to hold your spot.
- Any accommodations that have not been booked and a deposit received by September 15, become available for booking by others on October 1.
Starting October 1, you will be able to be added to a waitlist for accommodations. The waitlist will be cleared yearly. Please email the office to be added to waitlists or if you already have an account you may add yourself to waitlists starting October 1.